- Born in Catania, 9th November 1966
- Married, one son
Degrees and post degree courses
- Degree in Medicine on 14th July 2001, University of Catania (Italy).
- Residency Program: Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, (Epidemiology and Public Health) on 24th October 2005, University of Catania (Italy).
- Ph.D. Hypovision and Visual Rehabilitation, XXI cycle, on 19th March 2009. Department “GF Ingrassia”, University of Catania (Italy).
- Confirmed Researcher in Hygiene and Public Health at the University of Catania (From 2010).
The main research activities, including design, conduct and analysis by SPSS, are in the following areas:
- Environmental health, including environmental markers of risk and the use of integrated tools for environmental risk assessment, all aimed at protecting the health of the community
- Food hygiene
- Health education
- Public health
- The main teaching activities are in the following areas:
- General and Applied Hygiene
- Environmental Hygiene
- Health Management
Referee for the following scientific journals:
- Environmental Health Insights
- Primary Prevention Insights
- Tobacco Use Insights
- Air, Soil and Water Research
- BMJ Open
- Preventive Medicine
Editorial board of scientific journals
- Public Health and Epidemiology (Probe)
- The Open Public Health Journal (TOPHJ)
- Journal of Community Medicine and Healthcare Research
- Member of the Italian Public Health Association (S.It.I.)
- Member of the working group of the S.It.I. "Health and Environment"
- Member of the European Public Health Association (EUPHA)
- Member of the European Society of Environmental Epidemiology (ISEE)
- Member of the Italian Association for the Study of Trace Elements in Living Organisms (AISETOV)
- Member of the Federation of European Societies on Trace Elements and Minerals (FESTEM)
- Italian Association of Epidemiology (AIE)
- Member of the working group “Gender Health” of the Italian Association of Epidemiology (AIE)
The research activity, which led to the production of numerous scientific publications, deals with various issues of: Food Hygiene, Health Education, Public Health and Environmental Hygiene, including environmental risk markers and the integrated use of tools for the environmental and physical risk assessment, all aimed at protecting the health of the community.
Researcher unique identifier(s): 2
Scopus Author ID: 57217062552
Web of Science Researcher ID B-3899-2011